Technical Product Specialist (Greater NYC Area)
Azure Biosystems is a California-based life science instrumentation company that develops, manufactures, and markets innovative instruments and products in the Proteomics and Genomics workflow for biological research and development purposes including western blot, qPCR and flow cytometry. We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Technical Product Specialist to join a fast-paced, high growth environment. You will be responsible for driving the sales of our biotechnology products directly, and through an established distribution channel, as assigned in the territory, as well as acquiring and analyzing sales and market information, assisting in promotion efforts, supporting and advising management on market and sales strategies, and other job related duties as assigned. This Position covers New York City, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Applicant must be located within the outlined region and have daily access to accounts in NYC.
Ph.D., MS or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 2+ years bench experience in a research laboratory.
- 1+ years direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein and gene expression and/or technical capital equipment.
- Established territory knowledge and key account contacts
- Strong laboratory experience in Western Blotting, qPCR gene expression techniques, and flow cytometry.
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects
Actively drive sales of Azure Biosystems products directly and through distributors in territory. The position includes generating, qualifying and following-up of sales leads; implementation of an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Additionally, the role would be expected to gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Finally, assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and new customer contacts
- Arrange logistics and perform product demonstrations directly or in conjunction with distribution partner/FAS
- Conduct technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate
- Organize, develop content, and manage technical training of distributors on complete Azure portfolio
- Represent Azure Biosystems at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Meticulously maintain region specific CRM contacts, opportunities and pipeline.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with customers as needed to generate data and write up application notes and support product marketing
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a territory sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share
- Assist in the sales training of other Azure Biosystems employees and distributor representatives
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales
- Assist in the planning process; consider future products and competition to develop marketing strategies; plan sales meetings; discuss feedback on issues and opportunities; assist in hiring and evaluating resource needs
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Be able to lift up to 50 lb demo unit from demo case to bench
Position is based in the territory assigned. This is a full-time position. Compensation package includes a competitive base salary based on experience, generous commission, and other relevant benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com