Field Application Scientist (Europe)
Azure Biosystems is an innovative company that develops, manufactures, and markets Real-Time PCR devices, laser scanning and imaging systems, accessories and reagents for the Life Science market. The company is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Field Application Scientist to join a fast-paced, high growth environment.
We seek a highly creative and driven Field Application Scientist to join our team in Europe. You will work with our sales team and will be responsible for the application support for our genomic and proteomic technologies.
Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Biology or related Life Science fields with a minimum of 2 years of lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
- Preferred 1+ year commercial experience in supporting products in Life Science market for applications in protein and gene expression and/or technical capital equipment;
- Strong laboratory experience with gene expression techniques (qPCR,) and protein detection (Western Blotting);
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills;
- Must be fluent in English verbal and written.
- Second international language is highly advantageous (French, German, Arabic, …)
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects;
- Previous sales experience in selling or supporting Life Science/Research Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech accounts within the territory is highly advantageous;
- Position is currently home-office based, but may require up to 50 % of time travelling through the territory and international, when needed;
- Demonstrate attention to detail and follow through;
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information;
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills;
- Great organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Provide Scientific pre-sale, demonstration and post-sale application support of company product lines
- Actively drive sales of company products directly and through distributors in territory. Help nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Assist in selling outside of the territory as needed.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and new customer contacts.
- Arrange logistics and perform product demonstrations directly or in conjunction with distribution partners.
- Conduct online or on-site technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate.
- Organize, develop content, and manage technical training of field sales reps and distributors on company instrument portfolio.
- Represent company at exhibitions or conferences and where necessary give professional presentations.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customers as needed to generate data and write up application notes and support product marketing.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a territory sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- Assist in the sales training of other company employees and distributor representatives.
- Assist in the planning process; consider future products and competition to develop marketing strategies; plan sales meetings; discuss feedback on issues and opportunities; assist in hiring and evaluating resource needs.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with team members;
- Must be EU citizen and have a valid EU passport and ability to travel in Europe or to the USA;
- Be able to lift up to 40 lb demo unit from demo case to bench during product presentation.
Position is based in the territory assigned out of home office. Location preferably in Prague, Czechia. This is a full-time position. Compensation package includes a competitive base salary based on experience, additional performance bonuses, travel expense reimbursement.
To apply for the job please follow these instructions:
- Include “Field Application Scientist (Europe)” and your first and last name in your email subject.
- Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Address your cover letter to Hiring Manager.