Technical Product Specialist (Europe)
Azure Biosystems is an innovative company that develops, manufactures, and markets a new line of imaging systems for the life sciences. The Company is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Technical Product Specialist to join a fast-paced, high growth environment. You will be responsible for driving sales of our Biotechnology products directly and through distribution channel as assigned in the territory, acquiring and analyzing sales and market information, assisting in promotion efforts, supporting and advising management on market and sales strategies, and other job related duties as assigned.
Ph.D., MS or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
- 1+ years direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein and gene expression and/or technical capital equipment.
- Established territory knowledge and key account contacts
- Strong laboratory experience in Western Blotting and gene expression techniques and research use required
- Highly developed sense of integrity, ethics, and loyalty.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and sales skills.
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
Actively drive sales of Azure Biosystems products directly and through distributors in territory. Includes generating, qualifying and follow-up of sales leads. Implement an effective follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Gather and summarize data for evaluation of market impact, share and market strategies. Assist in selling outside of territory as needed.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and new customer contacts.
- Arrange logistics and perform product demonstrations directly or in conjunction with distribution partner.
- Conduct technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate.
- Organize, develop content, and manage technical training of field sales reps and distributors on instrument portfolio.
- Represent Azure Biosystems at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customers as needed to generate data and write up application notes and support product marketing.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc. Advise management in helping to formulate overall marketing plan.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a territory sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- Assist in the sales training of other Azure Biosystems employees and distributor representatives.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales.
- Assist in the planning process; consider future products and competition to develop marketing strategies; plan sales meetings; discuss feedback on issues and opportunities; assist in hiring and evaluating resource needs.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lb demo unit from demo case to bench.
Position is based in the territory assigned out of home office. This is a full-time position. Compensation package includes a competitive base salary based on experience and commission. The Company also provides comprehensive benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org