Application Scientist qPCR
Azure Biosystems is an innovative company that develops, manufactures, and markets a new line of imaging systems for the life sciences. The Company is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Application Scientist to join a fast-paced, high growth environment.
We seek a highly creative and driven Application Scientist to join our product development team. You will work within a highly dynamic marketing and R&D group and will be responsible for leading the application development for genomic and proteomic technologies.
Ph.D., MS or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 2 years lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
Essential Job Duties
- Systematically develop testing protocols for genomics instrumentation
- Evaluate new products for genomics through testing in house and through collaborative work with customers in the field
- Provide design feedback on instrumentation workflow, using voice of the customer
- Manage customers to relationships to develop application specific white papers
- Set up and maintain genomics laboratory on site
- Education and train sales for on genomics customers and techniques
- Support sales and marketing through white papers, application notes and publications
- Support marketing team for marketing campaigns that effectively represent company’s products, service, and prospects
- Assist exhibition booths at trade shows and conferences, up to 30% travel
- Continual awareness of developments in the field of genomics
- Strong laboratory experience in qPCR required
- Experience using multiple brands of qPCR machines required
- “Power-user” level of understanding of qPCR analysis software required
- Experience in Western blotting techniques is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Creative, highly motivated self-starter with good insight and problem-solving skills and highly able to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs
- Excellent general computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com